In early 1948, Emanuele D'Amico rented a brownstone storefront at number 309 Court Street in Brooklyn, New York - and a tradition of quality and service began.
With a big, old-fashioned machine Emanuele blended and roasted the finest coffee beans, and their rich aroma spilled out into the neighborhood. The fragrance drew customers in and they found the little store pleasant and warm. Soon imported olive oils, canned goods, spices and cheese joined the sacks of coffee beans that lined the walls, and D'Amico Foods became a Carroll Gardens landmark.
With Emanuele's passing , his son Frank continued to expand the business by creating a successful mail order catalog that offers all of D'Amico's quality coffees and Gourmet foods. Frank - now in his seventies - still works in the store and is very active in its day-to-day business. The D'Amico Foods tradition continues, the coffee is still roasted at the store, and the same rich taste and quality continues, assured by a new generation of master roasters.